It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who do rate comparisons are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that people who shopped around annually saved over $865 a year compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price for Volkswagen Touareg insurance is your intention, knowing the best way to shop and compare coverage rates can save time and make the process easier.
The most effective way to find the cheapest price for Volkswagen Touareg insurance is to annually compare prices from companies in Madison. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as traffic citations, accidents, and your credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for additional tips to help keep prices low and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Madison. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Our goal in writing this article introduce you to how car insurance works and how to save the most money. If you have car insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using this strategy. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper methods to get comparison rates instantly.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in Wisconsin
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Wisconsin. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in WI, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Statistics and details
The coverage table displayed next highlights a range of insurance rates for Volkswagen Touareg models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy rates are calculated can help drivers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Touareg 3 Turbo Diesel AWD 4-Dr||$166||$302||$236||$14||$70||$788||$66|
|Touareg 3.6 AWD 4-Dr||$166||$302||$236||$14||$70||$788||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Madison which can change rates greatly.
Drive safe and save
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents drive up Volkswagen Touareg premium costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Volkswagen Touareg insurance costs by age and gender
The illustration below compares Volkswagen Touareg insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The illustration below shows the difference between Volkswagen Touareg insurance premiums with and without full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Touareg replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Volkswagen Touareg insurance discounts in Madison
Some insurance providers don’t always list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Madison car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Volkswagen Touareg insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can get you a discount since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings as much as 30%.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Touareg insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Wisconsin state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
If you would like to view providers with discount rates in Wisconsin, click this link.
Exclusive and independent car insurance agents
Many drivers still like to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is still important in Madison.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Madison car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Madison can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can provide insurance policies, but it’s important to know the subtle differences because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Featured below are independent agencies in Madison who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Dairyland Auto Insurance
1800 Deming Way – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 836-3000 – View Map
- Neckerman Insurance Services
6200 Mineral Point Rd – Madison, WI 53705 – (608) 238-2686 – View Map
- Red Barn Insurance Agency
6666 Odana Rd – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 467-6804 – View Map
These type of agents can only place business with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Madison who can help you get comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Michael Kittoe
334 Junction Rd – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 827-9788 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – The Arttus Agency
624A Struck St – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 271-9395 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Vicki Wagener Agency LLC
1633 Thierer Rd – Madison, WI 53704 – (608) 249-2184 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Madison should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Madison?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Ratings for Wisconsin car insurance companies
Ending up with the best car insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Wisconsin. The rank data below may help you pick which providers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
- The Hartford
Persistent drivers can save
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned a lot of techniques to get a better price on Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Madison. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Madison car insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Madison car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Additional insurance information is available below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Madison? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Madison? (FAQ)
- How Much are Madison Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)