Want to learn the secrets to finding the cheapest Subaru WRX insurance in Madison? If you’re searching for cheaper insurance, are you overwhelmed by the wide range of auto insurance providers that you can choose from? There are so many providers to choose from that it can really be a chore to compare premium rates on Subaru WRX insurance. Madison is an awesome place to live, but expensive auto insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to afford coverage.
Steps to buying lower priced Subaru WRX insurance in Madison
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget Subaru WRX insurance in Madison is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Wisconsin. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
A recent survey discovered that 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. U.S. consumers can cut their rates by $860 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes increases the chance that you will find the best price. Some smaller insurers do not give online Madison WRX insurance quotes, so it’s necessary to compare prices from those companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Madison, WI. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in WI, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Even though Madison WRX insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Subaru, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Subaru at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Subaru WRX. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your WRX definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Wisconsin is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/10 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as legal defense fees, court costs and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Wisconsin requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your WRX from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your WRX to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like prosthetic devices, nursing services and ambulance fees. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Subaru WRX.
Since many Wisconsin drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hail damage, hitting a bird, hitting a deer and rock chips in glass. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent and poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
Affordable Subaru WRX insurance in Madison can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Madison, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to find affordable quotes for Subaru WRX insurance in Madison
The best way we recommend to find cheaper car insurance rates in Madison is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Wisconsin. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, accidents and your credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Madison. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Additional information can be found below:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Madison? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)