When trying to find more affordable insurance, are you confused by the number of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? Vehicle owners have such a large number of options that it is a lot of work to find the perfect company for you. Lots of people think Madison has lots to offer, but expensive premiums for auto insurance can make it very difficult to afford enough coverage.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Madison
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Madison is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Wisconsin.
- Take a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for additional ideas to help find cheaper rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on C-Max Hybrid insurance in Madison. If you find a better price and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and maximum price selection.
We don't have to tell you that insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price are highly likely to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey found that drivers who compared prices regularly saved on average $865 a year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Madison is your ultimate objective, then learning about how to shop and compare coverages can help you succeed in saving money.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Madison, WI. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Wisconsin, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Madison, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance protects not only your Ford but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $810 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Madison insurance discounts for a Ford C-Max Hybrid
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car instead of a used C-Max Hybrid is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds who allow driving data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Low Mileage - Driving less may allow you to get lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- No Claims - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Madison car insurance quote compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Distant Student Discount - College-age children who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
It's important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your auto insurance premiums.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Travelers has savings for continuous insurance, save driver, payment discounts, new car, and multi-car.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for 55 and older, driver training, air bags, homeowners, defensive driver, theft prevention, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple policy, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, good student, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, military active duty, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safe driver, anti-theft, safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
When getting free Madison car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every company which discounts they offer. Some credits may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to see a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Madison, follow this link.
Car insurance agents can help
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is still important in Madison.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Madison that can provide free Madison car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
When looking for a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, it's a good idea to get several quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Madison who may provide comparison quotes.
- Red Barn Insurance Agency
6666 Odana Rd - Madison, WI 53719 - (608) 467-6804 - View Map
- Homewood Insurance Agency
583 D'onofrio Dr Ste. 1012 - Madison, WI 53719 - (608) 442-6666 - View Map
- Above and Beyond Insurance
6601 Grand Teton Plaza #7 - Madison, WI 53719 - (608) 203-8666 - View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Below are exclusive agencies in Madison willing to provide price quote information.
- American Family Insurance - Leah Salter
5025 Old Middleton Rd - Madison, WI 53705 - (608) 273-8555 - View Map
- Melissa Eckstrom - State Farm Insurance Agent
1771 Thierer Rd - Madison, WI 53704 - (608) 663-5000 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Susan Kempfer-Weeks
712 S Gammon Rd - Madison, WI 53719 - (608) 274-4147 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
If you get positive feedback for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
How to find a good Madison car insurance company
Selecting a good quality car insurance company is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Wisconsin. The company rank data in the next section may help you choose which insurers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA - A++
- Travelers - A++
- State Farm - A++
- GEICO - A++
- Nationwide - A+
- Esurance - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Erie Insurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- Allstate - A+
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Coverage for liability
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn't cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/10 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as funeral expenses, legal defense fees and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Wisconsin state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford C-Max Hybrid.
Due to the fact that many Wisconsin drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Wisconsin limits are 25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as vandalism, rock chips in glass, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses such as hospital visits, ambulance fees, EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and funeral costs. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your C-Max Hybrid resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a building, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It's also possible to increase the deductible on your C-Max Hybrid to get cheaper collision coverage.
In the end, you can save money
Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Cheaper car insurance in Madison is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Madison agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
When searching for affordable Madison car insurance quotes, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to find the cheapest rates for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Madison
The most effective way to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Madison is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Wisconsin.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Madison. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Madison Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)