Are you irritated from scraping the payment together each month for car insurance? You are no different than many other Wisconsin consumers.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who get price comparisons are highly likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A study showed that people who routinely compared quotes saved over $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for car insurance is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can save money and time. You have so many insurers to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest rates for Kia Niro insurance in Madison.
It’s a great practice to compare rates every six months because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best deal on Kia Niro insurance in Madison two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the quickest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Locating the best rates in Madison is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have a current insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Smart shoppers just need to use the most efficient way to compare different rates online.
How to compare Madison Kia Niro insurance quotes
Reducing your Kia Niro insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. You just have to take a few minutes comparing price quotes to find the company with low cost Madison car insurance quotes.
Getting quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to drive around to and from local Madison insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Kia Niro insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the peace of mind that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Wisconsin. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Madison, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable rates by applying discounts
Some insurers don’t list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
Larger auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include good student, defensive driving training, good driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, safe driver, driver training, good student, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, membership and employees, good student, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and driver training.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, anti-theft, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, drive less, and anti-lock brakes.
Double check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To view insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Madison, click here.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Wisconsin is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Madison, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Wisconsin but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Niro, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Kia Niro. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $855 a year so shop around at least once a year to save money.
Ratings for Madison auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurer can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Wisconsin. The rank data listed below could help you analyze which car insurance companies to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
- The Hartford
Auto insurance can be complex
When buying a policy, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Is my Kia Niro covered if I use it for business?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Madison who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your house as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Types of auto insurance agents in Madison
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they function. Agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive agencies in Madison that can give you price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
The following are independent insurance agents in Madison who can help you get comparison quotes.