Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop rates annually will most likely buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A survey found that people who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Ford Transit Connect insurance is your objective, then learning a little about how to get rate quotes and compare car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The recommended way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Madison.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and a low credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Most companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide insurance quotes on the web. Doing online quotes for Ford Transit Connect insurance in Madison is possible for anyone as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the system obtains credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on these and other factors.
The ability to get online rates for Ford Transit Connect insurance in Madison makes comparing rates easy, and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the cheapest price.
To use this form to compare rates, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you will receive a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Wisconsin. If you want cheap auto insurance in Madison, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Companies offer many discounts on Ford Transit Connect insurance in Madison
Some insurance providers do not advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Student in College – Older children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below shows the difference between Ford Transit Connect insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Wisconsin state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are:
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, multiple autos, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- American Family includes discounts for air bags, Steer into Savings, good student, accident-free, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and federal employee.
- 21st Century has savings for theft prevention, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, good student, early bird, air bags, and driver training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Ford Transit Connect rate quotes, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available in your state.
Insurance coverage analysis
The information displayed below outlines detailed analysis of policy rates for Ford Transit Connect models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance policy rates are established can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Transit Connect XL 2WD||$92||$184||$234||$14||$70||$594||$50|
|Transit Connect XLT 2WD||$92||$184||$234||$14||$70||$594||$50|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact insurance rates greatly.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Ford Transit Connect insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Madison
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford Transit Connect insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is emailed to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- When do they do policy reviews?
If you would like to find an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can handle car insurance, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it can affect your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are highly trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Madison exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2001 W Beltline Hwy Suite 100 – Madison, WI 53713 – (608) 242-9322 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Vicki Wagener Agency LLC
1633 Thierer Rd – Madison, WI 53704 – (608) 249-2184 – View Map
- Michael Wegner – State Farm Insurance Agent
425 Grand Canyon Dr – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 833-9000 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Madison who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Above and Beyond Insurance
6601 Grand Teton Plaza #7 – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 203-8666 – View Map
- Wisconsin Insurance Security Fund
2820 Walton Cmns W # 135 – Madison, WI 53718 – (608) 242-9473 – View Map
- Affiliated Insurance-Wisconsin
3830 Atwood Ave – Madison, WI 53714 – (608) 273-3361 – View Map
After getting reasonable responses to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you better auto insurance rates.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Auto insurance claims cost money – Insurance companies in Wisconsin give lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of insurers afford discounts to buyers who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Accidents mean higher rates – Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Just one ticket may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have multiple tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can affect Ford Transit Connect auto insurance rates for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Having a spouse is a good thing – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. Marriage translates into being more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Deter theft and pay less – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart auto theft.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Transit Connect in Madison, car insurance is required by state law in Wisconsin and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Ford and your personal assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $825 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Lower-priced Ford Transit Connect insurance in Madison can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Madison, so you need to shop Madison auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers work with independent insurance agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Ford Transit Connect insurance in Madison. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Madison Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Madison? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)