It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates in Madison is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Wisconsin.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Once received, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use identical coverage information on every quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Many consumers in Wisconsin could save approximately $370 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rate quotes online.
If you are insured now or just want to reduce your rates, you can use these tips to find better prices without having to cut coverage. Getting quotes for more affordable protection in Madison is actually quite simple. Consumers only need to know the most efficient way to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
Best Chevy Trax insurance price quotes in Wisconsin
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Wisconsin. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in WI, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Take advantage of these premium slashing discounts
Some companies don’t list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Madison car insurance quote.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Madison Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Madison and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off depending on your insurance provider.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, defensive driving training, student away at school, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for newly retired, newly married, new move discount, new vehicle discount, good student, multi-policy, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family includes discounts for bundled insurance, early bird, good driver, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, good student, and air bags.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, youthful driver, bundle discounts, distant student, and electronic funds transfer.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include company car, safe vehicle, safe driver, paperless, multiple vehicles, group or association, and paid in full.
- SAFECO has discounts for drive less, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To view insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Wisconsin, click this link.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or your commute time.
Combine and save – Some insurers afford discounts to customers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, consumers should still compare Chevy Trax rates in Madison to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to save more without the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Lower rates with alarms and GPS tracking – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop car theft.
Stay claim-free and lower insurance rates – If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Wisconsin generally give the lowest premiums to drivers who are claim-free. Auto insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Your credit rating is important – An insured’s credit history can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit score could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Trax by spending a little time repairing your credit.
More stress means more cost – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Jobs such as real estate brokers, airline pilots, and accountants usually pay higher average rates because of intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as professors, engineers and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Trax – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that tend to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Chevy Trax vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD||79|
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD||81|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Madison car insurance agents?
Many drivers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is important especially in Madison.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Madison
If you want a local Madison insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Madison can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out how they differ since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to compare prices from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Madison that can possibly get you free insurance rate quotes.
- Hausmann Johnson Insurance
700 Regent St – Madison, WI 53715 – (608) 257-3795 – View Map
- Stainbrook Agency
2810 Crossroads Dr #4000 – Madison, WI 53718 – (608) 535-9291 – View Map
- Johnson Insurance
525 Junction Rd #2000 – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 203-3880 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Madison exclusive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Cheng Vang – State Farm Insurance Agent
2110 N Sherman Ave – Madison, WI 53704 – (608) 661-5700 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Yolanda Grajales-Sutter
7878 Big Sky Dr Ste I – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 826-4518 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Jennifer Haack Agency LLC
3312 Packers Ave – Madison, WI 53704 – (608) 249-2182 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any agent in Madison should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Wisconsin?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How long has the business existed?
Best auto insurance company in Wisconsin
Choosing the best insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies there are to choose from in Wisconsin. The company ratings shown next could help you select which companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
One last note
When you buy Madison car insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Madison is attainable on the web and from local agencies, so get free Madison car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Chevy Trax insurance in Madison. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the best rates are with the least-expected company.
More information is available at the links below
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Madison Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Madison? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Madison? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)