Want to learn how to buy more affordable auto insurance rates in Madison, WI? Madison shoppers have a choice when shopping for the lowest priced Ford Focus insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and we'll show you the best way to get price quotes for a Ford and find the lowest price from both online companies and Madison agents.
Shockingly, 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Many consumers in Madison can save nearly $400 each year by just shopping around, but they won't spend time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. These techniques will teach you a little about how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. Shoppers just have to use the tricks to compare insurance rates online from multiple companies.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand auto insurance companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information including types of safety features, if you are currently licensed, driver details, and how much education you have. That rating data is sent automatically to multiple car insurance providers and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Wisconsin. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Don't overlook these Ford Focus insurance discounts
Some companies don't list every discount available very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Madison auto insurance online.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a home in Madison can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Life Insurance Discount - Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Madison auto insurance quote as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
Don't be surprised that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford Focus auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Wisconsin state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your state. To choose insurance companies who offer online Ford Focus insurance quotes in Wisconsin, follow this link.
Rates and information analytics
The data table displayed below showcases detailed analysis of rate quotes for Ford Focus models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance policy premiums are figured can be valuable when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$300||$230||$14||$68||$766||$64|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$300||$230||$14||$68||$766||$64|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$352||$230||$14||$68||$818||$68|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$352||$230||$14||$68||$818||$68|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$178||$352||$260||$16||$78||$884||$74|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$178||$352||$260||$16||$78||$884||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in your specific Madison location which can affect auto insurance rates greatly.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Ford Focus insurance premiums for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford Focus premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Certain consumers just prefer to have an agent's advice and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Madison.
By using this quick form, your information is sent to participating agents in Madison that can give you free Madison auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they work. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it's important to know why they differ because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you should always include a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Madison who may provide comparison quotes.
- Homewood Insurance Agency
583 D'onofrio Dr Ste. 1012 - Madison, WI 53719 - (608) 442-6666 - View Map
- Spectrum Insurance Group - Madison
525 Junction Rd #8505 - Madison, WI 53717 - (608) 204-7055 - View Map
- M3 Insurance
828 John Nolen Dr - Madison, WI 53713 - (608) 273-0655 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Madison that are able to give rate quotes.
- Steve Aune Agency, Inc. American Family Insurance
658 S Gammon Rd #202 - Madison, WI 53719 - (608) 274-9702 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Debra Armstrong
621 N Sherman Ave, Ste B16 - Madison, WI 53704 - (608) 222-1400 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Jesus Carvajal
5555 Odana Rd #201 - Madison, WI 53719 - (608) 278-7055 - View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
What Determines Ford Focus Insurance Costs?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
- Save annual miles and save money - The more miles you rack up on your Ford in a year the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated Focus can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your auto insurance policy is showing the proper vehicle usage.
- Save money with higher coverage deductibles - Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Always have auto insurance - Letting your insurance expire can be a quick way to pay more for auto insurance. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
- More traffic means higher claims - Having an address in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road means more chance of being in an accident.
Loss probability for a Ford Focus - Companies use past insurance losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford Focus vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Ford Focus Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Focus 106 98 90 103 109 111 Ford Focus Electric 87 85 66BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need Ford vehicle insurance in Wisconsin
Even though Madison Focus insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a loan, most banks will require that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Ford but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Do the work, save more money
As you shop your coverage around, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Discount Ford Focus insurance in Madison can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is easier than you think.
How to find the cheapest rates for Ford Focus insurance in Madison
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Madison. This can be done by following these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important note is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Other learning opportunities
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much are Madison Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Madison? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Madison? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)