To save the most money, the best way to find discount Kia Spectra insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who can sell car insurance in Madison.
- It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover the details to help reduce prices and get additional discounts.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Spectra coverage is available in Madison. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. Be sure to place your new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year are highly likely to switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent study showed that people who routinely compared quotes saved on average $865 a year as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Madison is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare coverage rates can make the process less intimidating.
If you currently have insurance, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these techniques. Quoting and comparing rates for the cheapest insurance policy in Madison is actually quite simple. Nevertheless, Wisconsin consumers do need to learn the way insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Cheapest auto insurance in Madison, WI
The following companies provide free quotes in Wisconsin. To find cheaper auto insurance in Madison, WI, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheap Madison insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don’t list every possible discount very well, so we break down a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give better prices if you take out life insurance from them.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Madison can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Spectra insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Student Discounts – This discount may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, anti-theft, good student, and federal employee.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including early quote, hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, multi-policy, multi-car, good student, and save driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for multi-policy, driver training, 55 and retired, safe driver, good student, multi-vehicle, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly married, multi-car, multi-policy, newly retired, new graduate, and good student.
- American Family may include discounts for TimeAway discount, good student, accident-free, air bags, mySafetyValet, early bird, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
Check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Madison. To see a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Madison, click here.
Insurance is available from agents near you
Some consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting small agencies is especially important in Madison.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Madison that provide free Madison car insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Listed below are agents in Madison that can give you price quotes for Kia Spectra insurance in Madison.
- Johnson Insurance
525 Junction Rd #2000 – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 203-3880 – View Map
- Hausmann Johnson Insurance
700 Regent St – Madison, WI 53715 – (608) 257-3795 – View Map
- Thomas Bradley Insurance
1001 Fourier Dr Suite 100 – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 845-7979 – View Map
- Michael Wegner – State Farm Insurance Agent
425 Grand Canyon Dr – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 833-9000 – View Map
Selecting a insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- When do they do policy reviews?
After you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a company that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you can cancel a policy when you choose so don’t think that you’re stuck with any particular company with no way out.
One last note
As you quote Madison car insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Discount Kia Spectra insurance in Madison can be found online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Madison car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide price quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
We just presented a lot of techniques to reduce Kia Spectra insurance auto insurance rates online in Madison. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Madison? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Madison? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)