Would you like to find cheaper Lincoln Continental insurance in Madison? Finding cheaper insurance for your Lincoln Continental in Wisconsin can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips and make it easy. There are more efficient ways to buy insurance and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for your Lincoln and find the lowest price from both online companies and Madison agents.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates periodically due to the fact that insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest price on Lincoln Continental insurance in Madison a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the only way to buy cheaper Lincoln Continental insurance in Madison.
You may qualify for discounts for Lincoln Continental insurance in Madison
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Large auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good driver, good student, Switch & Save, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, emergency road assistance, and online shopper.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, good student, anti-theft, and bundle.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, good driver, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and defensive driver.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, student away at school, multiple policy, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Madison.
Getting cheaper auto insurance pricing is an easy way to save money. Consumers just need to take time to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Wisconsin. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Madison, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Does my Lincoln Continental qualify for pleasure use?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
What if I want to buy from local Madison auto insurance agents?
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Madison who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an company should depend on more than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is there a local claims center in Madison?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Madison?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Madison?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Madison agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can handle auto insurance, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type work for only one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Madison that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Michael Wegner – State Farm Insurance Agent
425 Grand Canyon Dr – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 833-9000 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Brad Bodden
3821 Nakoma Rd – Madison, WI 53711 – (608) 231-2453 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Leah Salter
5025 Old Middleton Rd – Madison, WI 53705 – (608) 273-8555 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, we recommend you get quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a list of independent agents in Madison that are able to give price quotes.
- Hausmann Johnson Insurance
700 Regent St – Madison, WI 53715 – (608) 257-3795 – View Map
- Above and Beyond Insurance
6601 Grand Teton Plaza #7 – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 203-8666 – View Map
- Dairyland Auto Insurance
1800 Deming Way – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 836-3000 – View Map
More comparisons equals cheap rates
As you prepare to switch companies, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions, high prices or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
Cheap Lincoln Continental insurance in Madison is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
How to find low-cost rates for Lincoln Continental insurance in Madison
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Lincoln Continental insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies who sell insurance in Madison.
First, take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. View prices
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Madison. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)