Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. American drivers could save an average of almost 47% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Madison is to regularly compare quotes from different companies that insure vehicles in Wisconsin. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, try to comprehend how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. View rates
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to save money using this strategy. The purpose of this article is to introduce you to the best way to quote coverages and also save some money in the process But Wisconsin drivers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
To find low cost prices, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from many available insurance companies in Wisconsin. The fastest way to find affordable Honda Accord Hybrid insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. When quoting insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide rate quotes online, so it’s important to also get rates from them as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Madison, WI. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Madison, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance is not optional in Wisconsin
Even though Madison Accord Hybrid insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Honda with a loan, most lenders will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Honda and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
You may qualify for discounts for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Madison
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Madison may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you could save up to 20% off your total Accord Hybrid insurance premium.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better insurance rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less compared to frequent claim filers.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Accord Hybrid can save up to 30% because newer vehicles are generally safer.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
For a list of companies with the best Honda Accord Hybrid insurance discounts in Madison in Wisconsin, follow this link.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions might point out if you may require specific advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Honda Accord Hybrid?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Compare prices but work with a local Madison insurance agency
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Madison who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
When researching a local Madison insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Madison can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Many people use the same agent partially due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Madison willing to provide price quotes.
- Aaron Perry – State Farm Insurance Agent
2605 Monroe St – Madison, WI 53711 – (608) 238-7107 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Leah Salter
5025 Old Middleton Rd – Madison, WI 53705 – (608) 273-8555 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Josh Erickson Agency LLC
5530 Eastpark Blvd – Madison, WI 53718 – (608) 241-8444 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Madison that can give you price quotes.
- Wisconsin Insurance Security Fund
2820 Walton Cmns W # 135 – Madison, WI 53718 – (608) 242-9473 – View Map
- Johnson Insurance
525 Junction Rd #2000 – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 203-3880 – View Map
- M3 Insurance
828 John Nolen Dr – Madison, WI 53713 – (608) 273-0655 – View Map
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills such as chiropractic care, funeral costs, doctor visits, hospital visits and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Accord Hybrid from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, colliding with a tree and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Accord Hybrid to get cheaper collision coverage.
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a broken windshield, theft, hail damage, damage from getting keyed and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/10 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like emergency aid, bail bonds, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Wisconsin requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Honda Accord Hybrid.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can reduce Honda Accord Hybrid insurance rates online in Madison. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions and even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Madison is definitely available both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not have online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Madison? (FAQ)
- How Much are Madison Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Madison Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)