Would you like to stop overpaying and find low-cost Pontiac Solstice insurance in Madison? There isn't anyone who enjoys paying for auto insurance, especially knowing they could find better prices if they shop around.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many drivers in the United States can save nearly $850 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don't want to compare rates.
How to buy discount Pontiac Solstice insurance in Madison
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find more affordable car insurance rates in Madison is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in Wisconsin.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of auto insurance and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Solstice coverage is available in Madison. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the cheapest price on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Madison.
If you have coverage now, you will be able to cut your premiums using the techniques covered below. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Madison is actually quite simple. Nevertheless, Wisconsin vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies determine premium rates.
Take advantage of these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Memberships - Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Bundle and Save - If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Solstice insurance premium.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way.
Some of the larger companies who may offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not be available in Madison. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Madison, click here to view.
Affordable Madison Pontiac Solstice insurance price quotes online
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons will enable you to find the best rates. Some companies don't provide rate quotes online, so it's important to also get price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Wisconsin. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Madison, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
How You Can Control Pontiac Solstice Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
The items below are some of the things companies use to determine your prices.
- Getting married pays dividends - Getting married actually saves money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Premiums are affected by your address - Being located in a small town is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities tend to have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Spending more time driving means more chance of being in an accident.
- Insurance is expensive for youthful drivers - Young drivers in Wisconsin are known to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a first-time driver to your car insurance policy will cause a huge premium hike. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
- Don't let your car insurance lapse - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Wisconsin department of motor vehicles.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates - Occupational choices like fire fighters, executives, and accountants usually pay higher average rates attributed to job stress and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations like farmers, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Lower rates for safer cars - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Pontiac Solstice has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle - Driving a lot of miles each year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It's a smart idea to ensure your car insurance coverage correctly shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Solstice can cost quite a bit.
Local Madison car insurance agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Madison that can give you free Madison car insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How many years have they been established?
After getting good responses for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Insuring your Pontiac vehicle just makes sense
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Madison, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Solstice, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Pontiac at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your Pontiac gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Madison car insurance companies
Choosing the best auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Wisconsin. The rank data shown below can help you analyze which insurers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 92%
- Erie Insurance - 88%
- American Family - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Nationwide - 88%
- 21st Century - 88%
- AAA Insurance - 87%
- Liberty Mutual - 87%
- Farmers Insurance - 87%
- The Hartford - 87%
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
When you buy Madison car insurance online, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Cheaper Pontiac Solstice insurance in Madison is attainable online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
How to find better rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Madison
The easiest way to find low-cost Pontiac Solstice insurance in Madison is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Wisconsin.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once received, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Madison? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Madison? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Madison Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)