A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that over 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Madison drivers can cut their rates by roughly $373 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare other rate quotes.
If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Madison is to compare prices annually from different companies who provide car insurance in Wisconsin. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Our objective in writing this article is to help you learn the best ways to compare prices. Although Wisconsin car owners do need to learn the way insurance companies charge you for coverage and apply this information to your search.
Most companies like State Farm and Allstate give prices on the web. Comparing Volkswagen e-Golf insurance rates online is fairly straightforward as you simply type in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system orders your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on many factors.
Using the web to get quotes for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Madison makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for a better rate.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will get rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Madison, WI. To locate cheaper car insurance in Wisconsin, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Sign Early and Save – A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them early. This can save 10% or more.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable companies to monitor their driving habits remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on e-Golf insurance in Madison.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century offers discounts including automatic seat belts, defensive driver, 55 and older, air bags, and student driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, good student, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include multi-policy, anti-theft, easy pay, accident-free, and good student.
- Esurance offers discounts for paid-in-full, DriveSense, emergency road assistance, good driver, and online shopper.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, air bag, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and good student.
Double check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be offered in Madison. To choose insurers with the best Volkswagen e-Golf insurance discounts in Madison, click this link.
What Determines Volkswagen e-Golf Insurance Rates?
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Impacts performance impacts auto insurance costs – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Theft deterrents save – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Big city or small town – Living in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when talking about auto insurance. Residents of big cities have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Careless driving means higher premiums – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. People who have license-revoking citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Local Madison insurance agents
Some people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Madison.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Madison that provide free Madison car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy insurance from local Madison agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Below are independent agents in Madison that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Red Barn Insurance Agency
6666 Odana Rd – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 467-6804 – View Map
- Spectrum Insurance Group – Madison
525 Junction Rd #8505 – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 204-7055 – View Map
- Neckerman Insurance Services
6200 Mineral Point Rd – Madison, WI 53705 – (608) 238-2686 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Madison who can help you get rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Daniel Piazza
2601 Crossroads Dr Ste 100 – Madison, WI 53718 – (608) 241-9000 – View Map
- State Farm: Patrick Marsden
14 N Carroll St – Madison, WI 53703 – (608) 255-4544 – View Map
- Kevin Lease – State Farm Insurance Agent
7941 Tree Ln #205 – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 824-9950 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Madison?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Affordable coverage is out there
Cheaper car insurance in Madison is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through local independent agencies.
We just covered many ideas to shop for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. They may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Madison Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Madison? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)