Really, the only way to get discount Lincoln MKC insurance in Madison is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Wisconsin.
- Step 1: Try to learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for tips to get better rates and earn larger discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
One tip to remember is to make sure you're comparing the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It's an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don't want you to compare rates. Insureds who shop for lower rates will most likely buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey found that drivers who routinely compared rates saved approximately $850 each year compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving the most money on Lincoln MKC insurance is your objective, then understanding the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Lincoln MKC insurance in Madison is to understand most of the bigger providers will pay a fee to quote your coverage. All you need to do is provide a small amount of information including whether you are single or married, whether you have decent credit, driver details, and how much you drive. That information gets sent immediately to all major companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To check Lincoln MKC insurance prices now, click here and complete the quick form.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Wisconsin. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Madison, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though Madison MKC insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Wisconsin but it also protects more than you think.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Wisconsin is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Components of Your Lincoln MKC Insurance Premiums
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better auto insurance rates. Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Get hitched and pay lower rates - Getting married may cut your premiums on auto insurance. It may mean you are less irresponsible and it's proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are a broken side mirror, vandalism, and burglary. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you're willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Auto insurance rates and your employer - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as real estate brokers, business owners, and miners tend to have the highest rates due to high stress levels and long work days. Conversely, professions such as farmers, students and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If your Lincoln has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
Cautious drivers have lower prices - Your driving citation history impacts premiums far more than you think. Even one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Vehicle options that cut auto insurance rates - Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Lincoln MKC claim data - Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting premium rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates. The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Lincoln MKC vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD||97||76||69|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD||99||68||72||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Lincoln MKC insurance in Madison
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don't even know exist. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Having several vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Use Seat Belts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
To see insurance companies with discount rates in Madison, click here to view.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone's needs are different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation could use an agent's help.
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Local agents and auto insurance
Some people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Madison that can provide free Madison car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
When finding a good insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Madison can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
These type of agents are contracted to one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are Madison exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with price quote information.
- American Family Insurance - Brad Bodden
3821 Nakoma Rd - Madison, WI 53711 - (608) 231-2453 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Michael Kittoe
334 Junction Rd - Madison, WI 53717 - (608) 827-9788 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Brian Uelmen
4222 Milwaukee St Ste 81 - Madison, WI 53714 - (608) 241-8688 - View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you compare prices from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Madison willing to provide rate quotes.
- Hausmann Johnson Insurance
700 Regent St - Madison, WI 53715 - (608) 257-3795 - View Map
- Homewood Insurance Agency
583 D'onofrio Dr Ste. 1012 - Madison, WI 53719 - (608) 442-6666 - View Map
- Above and Beyond Insurance
6601 Grand Teton Plaza #7 - Madison, WI 53719 - (608) 203-8666 - View Map
Be persistent to save money
Cost effective Lincoln MKC insurance can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don't offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to lower your Lincoln MKC insurance premium rates in Madison. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Madison car insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Madison? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Madison? (FAQ)
- How Much are Madison Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in Madison? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)