It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for better prices will most likely buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved over $72 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Chevy Spark insurance is your ultimate objective, then having a grasp of how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can make the process less intimidating.
The easiest way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Madison.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives information to get lower rates and earn a bigger discount.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Find a Madison insurance agent
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using the tips covered below. Quoting and comparing affordable auto insurance policy in Madison is easy to do. Although Wisconsin car owners need to learn how insurance companies market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Low Cost Chevy insurance rate quotes in Madison
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Madison, WI. To find cheaper auto insurance in Madison, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better auto insurance rates.
The items below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
Does your job cost you more? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like military generals, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel have higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, jobs like farmers, engineers and retirees pay the least.
Your liability protection limits – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide you with a defense in court starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Gender as a rate factor – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Men and women get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
Advanced alarm systems – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Resident Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Madison and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, and mySafetyValet.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, youthful driver, good student, and safe driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, multiple autos, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and good driver.
- Travelers may have discounts that include hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, payment discounts, student away at school, driver training, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, driver training, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, five-year accident-free, air bags, military active duty, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and online signing.
When getting free Madison car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state. To see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Madison, click here to view.
Car insurance agents are trained to help
Some people still like to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How long has the business existed?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
When searching for a local agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Madison that are able to give price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Daniel Piazza
2601 Crossroads Dr Ste 100 – Madison, WI 53718 – (608) 241-9000 – View Map
- Melissa Eckstrom – State Farm Insurance Agent
1771 Thierer Rd – Madison, WI 53704 – (608) 663-5000 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Jennifer Haack Agency LLC
3312 Packers Ave – Madison, WI 53704 – (608) 249-2182 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When comparing rates, you need to contact at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
Below are independent agents in Madison who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Independent Insurance Services Inc.
2960 Triverton Pike Dr Suite 101 – Madison, WI 53711 – (608) 273-3325 – View Map
- Homewood Insurance Agency
583 D’onofrio Dr Ste. 1012 – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 442-6666 – View Map
- Wisconsin Insurance Security Fund
2820 Walton Cmns W # 135 – Madison, WI 53718 – (608) 242-9473 – View Map
Which is the best car insurance?
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What is glass protection for?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Smart consumers save more
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your Chevy Spark insurance car insurance rates in Madison. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Madison car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a small mutual company.
While you’re price shopping online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Madison Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Madison Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)