Truthfully, the best way to get affordable Cadillac ATS insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Madison.
- First, try to comprehend car insurance and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases such as your driving record and a low credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for more details to help prevent high rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper ATS coverage is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new insurer. Immediately keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Wisconsin can save as much as $370 each year, but they don’t want to take the time to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find better pricing.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Madison, WI. To get the best cheap car insurance in Wisconsin, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Memberships – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course teaching driver safety skills can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Progressive discounts include good student, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for multi-policy, accident-free, ease of repair, age of vehicle, type of vehicle, and location of vehicle.
- Nationwide offers discounts for easy pay, defensive driving, accident-free, family plan, good student, anti-theft, and business or organization.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, good student, military active duty, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- AAA may have discounts that include AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good driver, good student, multi-car, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with each company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policies in Madison. To view insurance companies with discount rates in Madison, click this link.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Cadillac in Madison, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your ATS with a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Cadillac at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Cadillac but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Wisconsin is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Best auto insurance in Wisconsin
Finding a good quality auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Wisconsin. The information shown next may help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Allstate – A+
It’s not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you would benefit from professional advice.
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Cadillac ATS is totaled?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Comparing prices from local Madison car insurance agents
Many people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Madison.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information gets sent to companies in Madison that can provide free Madison car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
When finding a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
Below are Madison independent agents who may provide pricing information.
- Dairyland Auto Insurance
1800 Deming Way – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 836-3000 – View Map
- Spectrum Insurance Group – Madison
525 Junction Rd #8505 – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 204-7055 – View Map
- Wisconsin Insurance Security Fund
2820 Walton Cmns W # 135 – Madison, WI 53718 – (608) 242-9473 – View Map
These agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Madison willing to provide price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Brian Uelmen
4222 Milwaukee St Ste 81 – Madison, WI 53714 – (608) 241-8688 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Laura Beck Nielsen
1915 Winnebago St #102 – Madison, WI 53704 – (608) 237-3747 – View Map
- Steve Aune Agency, Inc. American Family Insurance
658 S Gammon Rd #202 – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 274-9702 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is there a local claims center in Madison?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Who are their largest clients?