The most effective way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who provide car insurance in Madison. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that drive up the price like careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for tips to prevent rate hikes and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
One thing to point out is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at all possible companies. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
It's an obvious statement that insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates will most likely switch companies because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey found that people who compared rates regularly saved an average of $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance is your goal, then understanding how to quote prices and compare car insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Choosing the best rates in Madison can really be easy if you know what you're doing. If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. Shoppers just have to use the most effective way to compare rate quotes from many different companies online.
Most larger insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow consumers to get coverage prices on the web. Getting Ford F-150 insurance prices online doesn't take much effort as you just enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, the company's rating system requests information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on these factors. Quoting online for Ford F-150 insurance in Madison makes comparing rates easy, and it's also necessary to do this if you want to find a better rate.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will get rate quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Madison, WI. To locate cheap auto insurance in Wisconsin, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Take policy discounts and save on Ford F-150 insurance in Madison
Car insurance can be pricey, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Bundle and Save - If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find cheap F-150 insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Drive Less and Save - Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for cheaper car insurance rates.
- Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Good Student Discount - Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Accident Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Distant College Student Discount - Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and don't have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Paper-free Discount - A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the web.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Wisconsin state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for switch companies, youthful driver, alternative fuel, multi-car, and electronic funds transfer.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, military active duty, multi-vehicle, good student, and anti-theft.
- Esurance offers discounts for Switch & Save, online shopper, good driver, anti-lock brakes, online quote, and emergency road assistance.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-theft, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, safe vehicle, multiple policy, driver's education, defensive driving training, and Drive Safe & Save.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Ford F-150 coverage analysis
The premium table shown next outlines a range of insurance premium costs for Ford F-150 models. Being able to understand how car insurance premiums are determined can help you make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$134||$188||$242||$14||$72||$650||$54|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$134||$242||$242||$14||$72||$704||$59|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$134||$242||$242||$14||$72||$704||$59|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$134||$242||$242||$14||$72||$704||$59|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$134||$242||$242||$14||$72||$704||$59|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$152||$242||$242||$14||$72||$722||$60|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$152||$242||$242||$14||$72||$722||$60|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$152||$242||$242||$14||$72||$722||$60|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$152||$242||$242||$14||$72||$722||$60|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$152||$242||$242||$14||$72||$722||$60|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$152||$242||$242||$14||$72||$722||$60|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$152||$242||$242||$14||$72||$722||$60|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$152||$242||$242||$14||$72||$722||$60|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$172||$242||$242||$14||$72||$742||$62|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$172||$242||$242||$14||$72||$742||$62|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$172||$242||$242||$14||$72||$742||$62|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$172||$294||$242||$14||$72||$794||$66|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$172||$294||$242||$14||$72||$794||$66|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$172||$294||$242||$14||$72||$794||$66|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$172||$294||$242||$14||$72||$794||$66|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$172||$294||$242||$14||$72||$794||$66|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$172||$294||$242||$14||$72||$794||$66|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$172||$294||$242||$14||$72||$794||$66|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$172||$294||$242||$14||$72||$794||$66|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$172||$294||$242||$14||$72||$794||$66|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$172||$346||$242||$14||$72||$846||$71|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$172||$346||$242||$14||$72||$846||$71|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$172||$346||$242||$14||$72||$846||$71|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$192||$346||$242||$14||$72||$866||$72|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$192||$346||$242||$14||$72||$866||$72|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$192||$346||$242||$14||$72||$866||$72|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify premium rates noticeably.
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Ford F-150 insurance premiums for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Ford F-150 Insurance Price Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower auto insurance prices. Multiple criteria are considered when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - If you file claims often, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Wisconsin provide most affordable rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Age of drivers impacts costs - Older people are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Beginning drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
The following data assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Single drivers may pay more - Having a spouse may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Raise your physical damage deductibles for better premiums - Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Male rates may be higher - Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Women and men cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford F-150 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance losses for a Ford F-150 - Insurers study historical loss data when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-150 Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years