Are you drained from not being able to scrape enough together to pay your insurance bill each month? You are no different than most other consumers in Wisconsin.
A recent insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Wisconsin drivers could cut their rates by 30% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they just switched companies.
Due to the fact that there are so many choices of insurance companies that have cheap insurance for a GMC Acadia in Madison, it is very difficult to locate the most affordable insurer.
Consumers should take time to quote other rates every six months since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best deal on GMC Acadia insurance in Madison at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to quote online to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Lower-cost GMC Acadia insurance rates in Madison
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Acadia insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Anti-theft System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The example below compares GMC Acadia insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Wisconsin state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer cheap GMC Acadia insurance quotes in Madison in Wisconsin, click here to view.
Most major insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive give insurance quotes on the web. This process is possible for anyone because you just enter the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the system orders your driving and credit reports and provides a quote. Being able to quote online for GMC Acadia insurance in Madison simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the most affordable premium possible.
To find out if lower rates are available, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will have comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Madison, WI. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Madison, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Facts and figures for GMC Acadia insurance
The coverage table displayed next covers different insurance coverage prices for GMC Acadia models. Understanding how auto insurance policy rates are established helps drivers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$122||$194||$234||$14||$70||$634||$53|
|Acadia SL AWD||$140||$194||$234||$14||$70||$652||$54|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$140||$194||$234||$14||$70||$652||$54|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$140||$236||$234||$14||$70||$694||$58|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$140||$236||$234||$14||$70||$694||$58|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$158||$236||$234||$14||$70||$712||$59|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact insurance rates noticeably.
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change GMC Acadia premium costs for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage or liability only
The information below illustrates the comparison of GMC Acadia yearly insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Wisconsin minimum liability coverage. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your GMC Acadia replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Informed Consumers Know How to Quote Insurance for Less
Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but some are less apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
- Little extras can really add up – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Acadia policy. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
Insurance premiums are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the car or truck you drive makes a huge difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums are for low performance passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart uses these assumptions: married female driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows GMC Acadia insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have a range of performances.
- Is you vocation costing you more? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as fire fighters, social workers, and stock brokers generally pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work situations and lengthy work days. Other jobs like professors, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Lower rates by increasing coverage deductibles – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your GMC. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Insurance losses for a GMC Acadia – Insurers factor in historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for GMC Acadia vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
GMC Acadia Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Acadia 4dr 2WD 75 86 73 71 69 80 GMC Acadia 4dr 4WD 83 100 88 62 63 80BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Should I buy only the required Wisconsin minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Should I rate my GMC Acadia as pleasure use or commute?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Madison.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Madison who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents in Madison can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to include rate quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Madison who may provide competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Madison who can help you get rate quotes.
American Family Insurance – Vicki Wagener Agency LLC
1633 Thierer Rd – Madison, WI 53704 – (608) 249-2184 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Can you contact them at any time?
If you feel you receive positive feedback to these questions and a low price estimate, you may have found an insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though Madison Acadia insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your GMC for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your GMC and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your GMC gets damaged, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
What is the best car insurance company in Madison?
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies provide coverage in Wisconsin. The company ratings shown next may help you pick which coverage providers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Allstate – A+
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
You just read many ways to reduce GMC Acadia insurance rates online in Madison. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured cut collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
The cheapest GMC Acadia insurance in Madison is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Madison, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
How to find cheaper rates for GMC Acadia insurance in Madison
If you want to save money, the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Madison. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like getting speeding tickets and your credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Madison Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)