It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Consumers who compare price quotes are very likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved over $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on auto insurance is the reason for your visit, learning how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
The best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Madison.
- Step 1: Read about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover more information to get better rates and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Madison can be made easier if you know where to look. If you have insurance now, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using this strategy. Smart shoppers just need to use the best way to buy car insurance instantly.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Madison, WI. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure an Audi in Madison, buying auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your S4, almost every bank will require you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Audi and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your S4 definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $800 each year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Rates and data analysis
The table below showcases a range of coverage prices for Audi S4 models. Learning as much as possible about how car insurance premiums are calculated is important for you to make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S4 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$192||$450||$206||$12||$62||$922||$77|
|S4 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$192||$450||$206||$12||$62||$922||$77|
|S4 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$450||$206||$12||$62||$942||$79|
|S4 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$450||$206||$12||$62||$942||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower prices noticeably.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Audi S4 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Madison
The information below illustrates the comparison of Audi S4 premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive formula of when to exclude full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Audi S4 claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing in excess of $300 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Sign Early and Save - Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Active Service Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Multi-car Discount - Insuring multiple cars on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Audi S4 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Wisconsin state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Madison, click this link.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Madison car insurance agent
Some consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Madison auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Madison should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
When finding a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it's important to know how they are different because it can impact the selection process.
These agents can only place business with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are Madison exclusive agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance - D Webster-Scher Agency Inc.
637 E Washington Ave - Madison, WI 53703 - (608) 249-3111 - View Map
- Cheng Vang - State Farm Insurance Agent
2110 N Sherman Ave - Madison, WI 53704 - (608) 661-5700 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance
2317 International Ln - Madison, WI 53704 - (608) 249-7380 - View Map
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always compare quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Madison willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Hausmann Johnson Insurance
700 Regent St - Madison, WI 53715 - (608) 257-3795 - View Map
- Johnson Insurance
525 Junction Rd #2000 - Madison, WI 53717 - (608) 203-3880 - View Map
- Above and Beyond Insurance
6601 Grand Teton Plaza #7 - Madison, WI 53719 - (608) 203-8666 - View Map
Upon receiving good feedback and a good coverage price, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide car insurance.
Persistence will pay off
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to shop for Audi S4 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Audi S4 rate quotes. You may even discover the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Low-cost Audi S4 insurance in Madison is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
When you buy Madison auto insurance online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Madison Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in Madison? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)