Do you want more affordable car insurance rates in Madison, WI? Madison consumers have many options when looking for the best price on Dodge Magnum insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Dodge and obtain the lowest price either online or from Madison insurance agents.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who shop for lower rates are highly likely to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey discovered that people who shopped around saved about $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Dodge Magnum insurance is your ultimate target, understanding how to find and compare car insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, use these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. This information will teach you the best methods to compare rates and also pocket some savings Drivers just need to understand the most efficient way to shop for auto insurance over the internet.
Slash rates with these discounts on Dodge Magnum insurance in Madison
Auto insurance companies don’t list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Magnum insurance in Madison.
- Driving Data Discount – Madison drivers who agree to allow data collection to monitor where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Professional Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Good Driver Discount – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Paperless Signup – Certain insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Wisconsin, click this link.
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates for Dodge Magnum insurance in Madison utilizes the fact auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as if the car is leased, if you’re married, the year, make and model of vehicles, and your occupation. The data is sent automatically to many different companies and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Wisconsin. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Rates
Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Most major insurance companies allow discounts to customers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. It’s possible to still save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Too many claims drive up prices – If you file claims often, you shouldn’t be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Wisconsin award the lowest premiums to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your car insurance policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Lower rates for cars with good safety ratings – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Dodge Magnum earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Your career may increase prices – Jobs such as fire fighters, social workers, and stock brokers tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs such as professors, students and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Should I have guidance from an agent?
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local agents is important particularly in Madison.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Madison that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you need to find a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Madison are either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you will want to include several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Madison who can help you get free insurance quotes.
- Abacus-Bertz Financial
6417 Odana Rd Suite 13 – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 238-5800 – View Map
- Spectrum Insurance Group – Madison
525 Junction Rd #8505 – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 204-7055 – View Map
- Red Barn Insurance Agency
6666 Odana Rd – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 467-6804 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive agencies in Madison willing to provide comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Brad Bodden
3821 Nakoma Rd – Madison, WI 53711 – (608) 231-2453 – View Map
- Cheng Vang – State Farm Insurance Agent
2110 N Sherman Ave – Madison, WI 53704 – (608) 661-5700 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Leah Salter
5025 Old Middleton Rd – Madison, WI 53705 – (608) 273-8555 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
Why you need insurance
Even though Madison Magnum insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves both your Dodge and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Madison is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
As you shop your coverage around, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim and policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Cost effective Dodge Magnum insurance is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so get free Madison car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Steps to finding low-cost Dodge Magnum insurance in Madison
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper prices for Dodge Magnum insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who provide car insurance in Madison.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Magnum coverage is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Madison? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Madison? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Madison Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)