Are you tired of trying to find more competitive auto insurance rates in Madison, WI? Madison shoppers have a choice when shopping for low-cost Saturn Astra insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Saturn and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and Madison agents.
Locating the best rates in Madison is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have a policy now, you will be able to find the best rates using the ideas presented in this article. Vehicle owners just have to know the proper way to shop over the internet.
How to compare free Madison Saturn Astra insurance price quotes
Most of the larger companies allow you to get prices from their websites. Getting quotes for Saturn Astra insurance in Madison doesn’t take much effort as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, their system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the most affordable premium on insurance.
In order to find out how much you can save on insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Madison, WI. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Madison, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Astra
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Saturn Astra has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Saturn for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your Saturn and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Saturn Astra insurance in Madison
Companies don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so below is a list some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors can get lower premium rates.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- New Car Discount – Putting coverage on a new Astra may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. But any discount will positively reduce your policy premium.
To choose companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Wisconsin, click this link.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
A lot of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Madison that give free quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your house because prices are sent to your email. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Madison should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Madison for you
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents in Madison can either be independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can provide auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the selection process.
These agents generally can only insure with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. They are usually well trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Madison that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Susan Kempfer-Weeks
712 S Gammon Rd – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 274-4147 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Laura Beck Nielsen
1915 Winnebago St #102 – Madison, WI 53704 – (608) 237-3747 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – David Gervasi
7818 Big Sky Dr #119 – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 827-6994 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
The following are Madison independent agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Abacus-Bertz Financial
6417 Odana Rd Suite 13 – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 238-5800 – View Map
- The Curtis Agency
2929 Atwood Ave – Madison, WI 53704 – (608) 250-2501 – View Map
- Neckerman Insurance Services
6200 Mineral Point Rd – Madison, WI 53705 – (608) 238-2686 – View Map
Once you have good answers to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide auto insurance.
What is the best auto insurance company in Wisconsin?
Ending up with the top auto insurance company is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Madison. The ranking data in the lists below could help you decide which auto insurers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
- The Hartford
Learn about car insurance coverages for a Saturn Astra
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage, vandalism, hitting a bird and falling objects. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your Astra resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Astra in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Saturn Astra.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses such as EMT expenses, funeral costs, hospital visits, dental work and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability car insurance – This provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/10 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, medical expenses, funeral expenses, court costs and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford. Wisconsin state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Some companies may not offer online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Discount Saturn Astra insurance is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured cut collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is less work than it seems.
Steps to quoting cheaper Saturn Astra insurance in Madison
The most effective way to find discount car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who sell insurance in Madison.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Astra insurance in Madison. If you find a better price and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Madison Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Madison Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Madison? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)