Do you want to save money by finding the cheapest auto insurance rates in Madison, WI? Madison drivers have a choice when trying to find low-cost GMC Sonoma insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents getting price quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the best way to compare rates for your GMC and find the best price possible either online or from Madison insurance agents.
Consumers should take time to check auto insurance prices at least once a year since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best premium rates on GMC Sonoma insurance in Madison at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to show you how to quote online to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Low Cost companies for GMC Sonoma insurance
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Wisconsin. In order to find the best auto insurance in Madison, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Save money with these discounts on GMC Sonoma insurance in Madison
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not double check each discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your GMC could earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow data collection to scrutinize where and when they drive remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Early Signing – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current Sonoma insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Madison car insurance quote.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and driver’s education.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for newly retired, multi-car, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, and new graduate.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, accident-free, air bags, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include business and professional, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, pay in full, bundle discounts, switch companies, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for paid in full, company car, mature driver, air bags, safe vehicle, paperless, and group or association.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-theft, homeowner, drive less, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, safe driver, and bundle discounts.
If you are trying to find cheaper Madison car insurance quotes, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Madison. To find insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Wisconsin, click here.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Madison insurance agency
Some people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Madison that can provide free Madison car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Madison should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you need to find a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Madison may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Madison that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Jesus Carvajal
5555 Odana Rd #201 – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 278-7055 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – The Arttus Agency
624A Struck St – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 271-9395 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Vicki Wagener Agency LLC
1633 Thierer Rd – Madison, WI 53704 – (608) 249-2184 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are Madison independent insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
- M3 Insurance
828 John Nolen Dr – Madison, WI 53713 – (608) 273-0655 – View Map
- Thomas Bradley Insurance
1001 Fourier Dr Suite 100 – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 845-7979 – View Map
- Dairyland Auto Insurance
1800 Deming Way – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 836-3000 – View Map
One last note
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, high prices or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to compare GMC Sonoma insurance prices in Madison. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
How to find better rates for GMC Sonoma insurance in Madison
The best way to get the cheapest GMC Sonoma insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies in Madison.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Madison. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Be sure to safely store the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Madison Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Madison? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Madison Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Madison? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)