Buying lower priced Madison Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance quotes online can appear to be somewhat difficult for drivers new to comparing rates on the internet. With so many options of insurers to choose from, how can anyone have time to compare each option to find the best pricing?
It's a known fact that car insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop rates annually are likely to buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding a policy with better rates. A recent study showed that people who routinely compared rates saved about $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is the reason for your visit, then learning about how to get rate quotes and compare insurance coverage can save time and make the process easier.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Madison can initially seem challenging. If you are insured now, you will surely be able to save money using the ideas covered in this article. Although Wisconsin vehicle owners must know how companies determine how much to charge and use it to find better rates.
When shopping for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Madison there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from different Madison insurance companies. The simplest method to find competitive Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting the best rates. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so you need to compare quotes from them, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Madison, WI. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Wisconsin, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Chrysler PT Cruiser coverage analysis
The rate table shown next covers a range of insurance prices for Chrysler PT Cruiser models. Having a better understanding of how insurance prices are established can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$148||$288||$220||$14||$66||$736||$61|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$148||$288||$220||$14||$66||$736||$61|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific location which can lower or raise coverage prices greatly.
Chrysler PT Cruiser full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below shows the comparison of Chrysler PT Cruiser yearly insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Wisconsin minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive guideline for eliminating physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chrysler PT Cruiser claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven't paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chrysler PT Cruiser in Madison, paying for insurance is required in Wisconsin but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Chrysler but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance discounts in Madison
Companies that sell car insurance don't list every discount in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Onboard Data Collection - Insureds who allow driving data submission to analyze when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Good Student Discount - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Madison Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Madison can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few car insurance companies.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
Don't be surprised that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
The chart below compares Chrysler PT Cruiser car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Wisconsin state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- AAA discounts include pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, driver's education, anti-theft, good student, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including Pac-12 alumni, homeowner, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, emergency road assistance, claim free, and paid-in-full.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, defensive driving, business or organization, easy pay, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Madison.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to companies in Madison who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking a provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Wisconsin?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
Listed below is a list of insurers in Madison that are able to give comparison quotes for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Madison.
- American Family Insurance - Vicki Wagener Agency LLC
1633 Thierer Rd - Madison, WI 53704 - (608) 249-2184 - View Map
- Steve Aune Agency, Inc. American Family Insurance
658 S Gammon Rd #202 - Madison, WI 53719 - (608) 274-9702 - View Map
- Affiliated Insurance-Wisconsin
3830 Atwood Ave - Madison, WI 53714 - (608) 273-3361 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance
2317 International Ln - Madison, WI 53704 - (608) 249-7380 - View Map
Insurance can be complex
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
UM/UIM Coverage - This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chrysler PT Cruiser.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (Wisconsin limits are 25/50/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Auto liability - Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to other's property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people's claims, and doesn't cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/10 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability insurance covers claims like bail bonds, loss of income, funeral expenses, medical services and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Wisconsin requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be adequate.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision - Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like theft, hitting a deer, damage from flooding, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for pain medications, chiropractic care, prosthetic devices, funeral costs and doctor visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage - This will pay to fix damage to your PT Cruiser resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your PT Cruiser in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Don't give up on cheap coverage
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is actually quite simple.
More affordable auto insurance in Madison is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
As you quote Madison car insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to finding more affordable Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Madison
The best way we recommend to find lower priced auto insurance rates in Madison is to compare prices once a year from companies who provide auto insurance in Wisconsin.
First, get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper PT Cruiser coverage is available in Madison. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. As soon as you can, put the proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Madison Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Madison? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Madison? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)