The recommended way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Madison is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Wisconsin.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides more details to find cheap rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who get price quotes annually are highly likely to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved about $3,400 over four years compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on car insurance in Madison is the reason for your visit, then learning a little about how to find companies and compare auto insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to save money using this information. Quoting cheaper policy in Madison is quite easy. Although Wisconsin car owners can benefit from knowing how insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates.
It’s important to know that comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding a lower rate. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so it’s important to compare rates from them as well.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Madison, WI. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chrysler with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Chrysler at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Chrysler Concorde. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Concorde definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $855 a year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Chrysler Concorde insurance in Madison
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies give discounts for switching to them early. You could save around 10% when you buy Madison car insurance online.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- E-sign – Some companies will give a small break for signing up online.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the insurance companies that have these benefits possibly include:
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be offered in your state. To choose companies that offer many of these discounts in Wisconsin, follow this link.
Compare prices but work with a local neighborhood Madison car insurance agent
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Any agent in Madison should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Different types of Madison car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a good Madison insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they function. Agencies in Madison can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Madison willing to provide comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Daniel Piazza
2601 Crossroads Dr Ste 100 – Madison, WI 53718 – (608) 241-9000 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2001 W Beltline Hwy Suite 100 – Madison, WI 53713 – (608) 242-9322 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Susan Kempfer-Weeks
712 S Gammon Rd – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 274-4147 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, you will want to get quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are Madison independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Hausmann Johnson Insurance
700 Regent St – Madison, WI 53715 – (608) 257-3795 – View Map
- Abacus-Bertz Financial
6417 Odana Rd Suite 13 – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 238-5800 – View Map
- Gehrke Insurance
1310 Mendota St # 108 – Madison, WI 53714 – (608) 241-4136 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles. But remember, policyholders can cancel your policy for any reason so never assume that you’re stuck with a specific company for the full policy term.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a Chrysler Concorde
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as rock chips in glass, hitting a deer, falling objects and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like attorney fees, emergency aid, court costs, medical services and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Wisconsin state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your Concorde caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible on your Concorde to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and nursing services. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Chrysler Concorde.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Be persistent and save
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices or not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper insurance in Madison is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Madison, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Madison Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)