Remarkably, a study showed that over 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers can cut their rates by $860 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
The easiest way to find low-cost Chrysler 300 insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies that insure vehicles in Madison. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Don’t forget to safely store the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Locating the best rates in Madison is actually quite simple. Nearly anyone who is shopping for auto insurance should find better rates. But Wisconsin vehicle owners do need to know the way insurance companies determine how much to charge and use it to find better rates.
Most companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get price estimates direct online. Obtaining pricing for Chrysler 300 insurance in Madison is quite simple because it’s just a matter of typing in your required coverages into the quote form. When complete, the system obtains your driving and credit reports and returns a price determined by many factors.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to perform this step if you are searching for cheap rates.
To get comparison pricing now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will get rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Madison, WI. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in WI, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Take advantage of these discounts on Chrysler 300 insurance in Madison
Some providers don’t always list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current 300 insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Madison auto insurance quotes online.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Accident Free – Madison drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates compared to frequent claim filers.
- New Car Discount – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new 300 is cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy premiums.
The example below shows the comparison of Chrysler 300 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Wisconsin state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, passive restraint, multiple policy, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, federal employee, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, multi-car, and new move discount.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, air bag, anti-theft, good student, defensive driver, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife has discounts for defensive driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
If you are trying to find low cost Madison auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not apply in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Madison, click this link.
Chrysler 300 coverage analysis
The rate table displayed next showcases a range of rate quotes for Chrysler 300 models. Understanding more about how car insurance prices are determined is important for you to make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|300 Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$294||$260||$16||$78||$788||$66|
|300 Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$294||$260||$16||$78||$788||$66|
|300 Touring AWD 4-Dr||$140||$294||$260||$16||$78||$788||$66|
|300 S V6 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$294||$260||$16||$78||$788||$66|
|300 Touring Signature 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$294||$260||$16||$78||$788||$66|
|300 Touring Executive 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$294||$260||$16||$78||$788||$66|
|300 Touring Signature AWD 4-Dr||$156||$338||$260||$16||$78||$848||$71|
|300 Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$338||$260||$16||$78||$848||$71|
|300 C 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$338||$260||$16||$78||$848||$71|
|300 S V8 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$338||$260||$16||$78||$848||$71|
|300 Limited AWD 4-Dr||$156||$338||$260||$16||$78||$848||$71|
|300 C AWD 4-Dr||$156||$338||$260||$16||$78||$848||$71|
|300 SRT-8 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$338||$260||$16||$78||$848||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Madison which can modify prices considerably.
Higher deductibles lower rates
One of the hardest decisions when shopping for insurance is how high should your deductibles be. The premium rates below can help show the price difference when you select higher and lower physical damage deductibles. The first price estimate table uses a $250 deductible for physical damage and the second price table uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|300 Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$352||$230||$14||$68||$889||$74|
|300 Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$352||$230||$14||$68||$889||$74|
|300 Touring AWD 4-Dr||$200||$352||$230||$14||$68||$889||$74|
|300 S V6 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$352||$230||$14||$68||$889||$74|
|300 Touring Signature 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$352||$230||$14||$68||$889||$74|
|300 Touring Executive 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$352||$230||$14||$68||$889||$74|
|300 Touring Signature AWD 4-Dr||$224||$406||$230||$14||$68||$967||$81|
|300 Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$406||$230||$14||$68||$967||$81|
|300 C 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$406||$230||$14||$68||$967||$81|
|300 S V8 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$406||$230||$14||$68||$967||$81|
|300 Limited AWD 4-Dr||$224||$406||$230||$14||$68||$967||$81|
|300 C AWD 4-Dr||$224||$406||$230||$14||$68||$967||$81|
|300 SRT-8 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$406||$230||$14||$68||$967||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|300 Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$284||$230||$14||$68||$760||$63|
|300 Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$284||$230||$14||$68||$760||$63|
|300 Touring AWD 4-Dr||$164||$284||$230||$14||$68||$760||$63|
|300 S V6 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$284||$230||$14||$68||$760||$63|
|300 Touring Signature 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$284||$230||$14||$68||$760||$63|
|300 Touring Executive 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$284||$230||$14||$68||$760||$63|
|300 Touring Signature AWD 4-Dr||$182||$328||$230||$14||$68||$822||$69|
|300 Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$328||$230||$14||$68||$822||$69|
|300 C 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$328||$230||$14||$68||$822||$69|
|300 S V8 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$328||$230||$14||$68||$822||$69|
|300 Limited AWD 4-Dr||$182||$328||$230||$14||$68||$822||$69|
|300 C AWD 4-Dr||$182||$328||$230||$14||$68||$822||$69|
|300 SRT-8 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$328||$230||$14||$68||$822||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect coverage prices substantially.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $250 deductible costs roughly $12 more each month or $144 annually than buying the higher $500 deductible. Because you would pay $250 more if you file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to average more than 21 months between claim filings, you would most likely save money if you choose a higher deductible.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chrysler 300 insurance premiums with and without full coverage. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no specific rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Chrysler 300 replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Are insurance agencies a thing of the past?
Some people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Madison who will return price quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking a provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Madison?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Madison who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Brian Uelmen
4222 Milwaukee St Ste 81 – Madison, WI 53714 – (608) 241-8688 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
2317 International Ln – Madison, WI 53704 – (608) 249-7380 – View Map
- Kevin Lease – State Farm Insurance Agent
7941 Tree Ln #205 – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 824-9950 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, you should always get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Madison who can help you get rate quotes.
- Hausmann Johnson Insurance
700 Regent St – Madison, WI 53715 – (608) 257-3795 – View Map
- Dairyland Auto Insurance
1800 Deming Way – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 836-3000 – View Map
- The Curtis Agency
2929 Atwood Ave – Madison, WI 53704 – (608) 250-2501 – View Map
How do Insurance Providers Determine Chrysler 300 Insurance Prices?
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
The list below includes some of the items companies use to determine your premiums.
Safer cars save money – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If the Chrysler 300 has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers prices – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
No claims equals cheaper rates – If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn’t be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Wisconsin award the lowest premiums to people who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Your address can push rates up or down – Residing in less populated areas has definite advantages when talking about car insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Fewer people means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Does auto insurance cost less for women? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean females are better drivers. Females and males get in accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chrysler 300 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Rates increase with driving citations – Getting just one ticket can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
The illustration below illustrates how violations and accidents raise Chrysler 300 insurance rates for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on lower cost passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following chart uses these variables: single female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Chrysler 300 car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
Discounts for multiple policies – Lots of insurers afford discounts to people that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by buying from different companies
Chrysler 300 statistical loss data – Auto insurance companies analyze the history of losses in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Chrysler 300 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chrysler 300 2WD||115||103||178||134||136||114|
|Chrysler 300 4WD||109||100||206||113||96||104|
|Chrysler 300 HEMI||125||96||225||105||114||117|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying the right Chrysler vehicle insurance in Wisconsin is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Chrysler 300 insurance, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chrysler has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Chrysler at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Chrysler as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America overpays as much as $855 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Chrysler 300 insurance in Madison. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Chrysler 300 insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Budget-conscious Chrysler 300 insurance is possible online in addition to many Madison insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers or lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Madison? (FAQ)
- How Much is Madison Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)