Are you drained from paying out the nose to buy car insurance? You have the same problem as many other Wisconsin consumers.
It's astonishing, but almost 70% of drivers in Wisconsin have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in the United States could pocket nearly 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes online.
Big-name insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads and it is difficult to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and find the best price available.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Madison is not rocket science. But Wisconsin vehicle owners must know how the larger insurance companies determine what you pay and take advantage of how the system works.
Chevy Cruze Insurance Costs Can Be Lower
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower rates. Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine prices.
- Extra policy coverages that may not be needed - Insurance companies have many additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't careful. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- Safer cars lower premiums - Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
- Rates go up with performance - The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- You may save more by bundling policies - Some insurance companies apply lower prices for people who have multiple policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's in your best interest to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still save more without the discount by buying from different companies
- Expect high rates for teens - More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Young drivers are statistically shown to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Pay more out-of-pocket - Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Chevy Cruze historical loss data - Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine prices. Vehicles that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest method to get rate comparisons for Chevy Cruze insurance in Madison utilizes the fact almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. All you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as how many miles driven, if your license is active, driver details, and what you do for a living. Your insurance information gets sent immediately to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons immediately.
To compare cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Madison.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Madison, WI. If you want cheaper auto insurance in WI, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cruze has a lienholder, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Chevy Cruze and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Cruze definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Some companies don't always publicize the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a driver safety class could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Madison car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Multi-line Discount - Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning your own home or condo can help you save on insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
It's important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic.
Companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, defensive driving training, driver's education, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including switch companies, bundle discounts, homeowner, multi-car, alternative fuel, and electronic funds transfer.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, defensive driver, good student, five-year accident-free, and emergency military deployment.
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, good driver, mySafetyValet, good student, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for multi-policy, family plan, business or organization, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be offered on policies in Madison.
Local Madison insurance agencies
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this simple form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Madison that can give you free Madison car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Madison, get answers to these questions.
- How long has the business existed?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Wisconsin?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents to choose from. Agencies in Madison are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Madison that are able to give price quote information.
American Family Insurance - D Webster-Scher Agency Inc.
637 E Washington Ave - Madison, WI 53703 - (608) 249-3111 - View Map
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, you will definitely want to check rates from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Madison who can help you get price quotes.
Wisconsin auto insurance company ratings
Finding a good quality car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Wisconsin. The information in the next section may help you select which insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Don't give up on cheaper rates
We've covered a lot of techniques to find affordable Chevy Cruze insurance in Madison. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance in Madison can be purchased both online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies.
How to find more affordable Chevy Cruze insurance in Madison
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Madison is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Wisconsin. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Try to understand how companies set rates and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as speeding and a negative credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Madison. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in these articles:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Madison? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Madison? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Madison Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)