A recent auto insurance study revealed that the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in Madison could save themselves almost 30% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost Chevy Avalanche insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in Madison. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
First, try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher rates such as your driving record and a bad credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for information to keep prices down and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Don't forget to place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
An important note is to use identical coverages on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information like what your job is, driver ages, your general credit rating, and distance driven. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to insurance companies and they return quotes almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Madison, WI. To find the best cheap auto insurance in Madison, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Chevy Avalanche coverage analysis
The data table below highlights estimates of prices for Chevy Avalanche models. Having a good grasp of how rate quotes are figured is important for you to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Avalanche LS 2WD||$182||$276||$296||$18||$88||$860||$72|
|Avalanche LT 2WD||$182||$324||$296||$18||$88||$908||$76|
|Avalanche LS 4WD||$182||$324||$296||$18||$88||$908||$76|
|Avalanche LT 4WD||$182||$324||$296||$18||$88||$908||$76|
|Avalanche LTZ 2WD||$204||$324||$296||$18||$88||$930||$78|
|Avalanche LTZ 4WD||$204||$324||$296||$18||$88||$930||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in your specific Madison location which can decrease or increase premiums substantially.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Madison car insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims can impact Chevy Avalanche car insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Affordable rates on Chevy Avalanche insurance in Madison with these discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some need to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Federal Employees - Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with some insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Avalanche insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Madison car insurance online.
- Defensive Driving Course - Passing a safe driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Avalanche premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Wisconsin state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To view insurance companies who offer online Chevy Avalanche insurance quotes in Wisconsin, follow this link.
Buying the right Chevy Avalanche insurance in Wisconsin is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Avalanche insurance, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will require you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Best car insurance in Madison
Buying coverage from a high-quality insurance company is hard considering how many choices there are in Wisconsin. The ranking information in the lists below can help you choose which insurers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
- The Hartford
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's needs are different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What if I total my Chevy Avalanche and owe more than it's worth?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local Madison insurance agencies and car insurance
Many people just want to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to contact any agents because prices are sent straight to your inbox. It's the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What companies can they write with?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Madison?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a good Madison insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Madison agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Madison who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Cheng Vang - State Farm Insurance Agent
2110 N Sherman Ave - Madison, WI 53704 - (608) 661-5700 - View Map
- Melissa Eckstrom - State Farm Insurance Agent
1771 Thierer Rd - Madison, WI 53704 - (608) 663-5000 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Allen Maxwell
2980 Cahill Main #205 - Madison, WI 53711 - (608) 630-9776 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Madison willing to provide rate quotes.
- Prairie Land Insurance Agency
2045 Atwood Ave #113A - Madison, WI 53704 - (608) 251-3009 - View Map
- Red Barn Insurance Agency
6666 Odana Rd - Madison, WI 53719 - (608) 467-6804 - View Map
- M3 Insurance
828 John Nolen Dr - Madison, WI 53713 - (608) 273-0655 - View Map