It's hard to believe, but most auto insurance policyholders in Wisconsin have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many drivers in the U.S. can save roughly $850 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't know the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Mazda CX-9 insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell auto insurance in Madison. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for ideas to prevent high prices and find additional discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Buying affordable insurance in Madison can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Vehicle owners just need to use the quickest way to get comparison rates from many different companies.
Best companies for Mazda CX-9 insurance
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Wisconsin. To get the best cheap auto insurance in Wisconsin, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Mazda CX-9 insurance statistics and information
The rate table displayed next showcases different policy rates for Mazda CX-9 models. Knowing how insurance policy rates are established can assist in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-9 Sport 2WD||$156||$254||$220||$14||$66||$710||$59|
|CX-9 Grand Touring 2WD||$156||$300||$220||$14||$66||$756||$63|
|CX-9 Sport AWD||$156||$300||$220||$14||$66||$756||$63|
|CX-9 Touring 2WD||$156||$300||$220||$14||$66||$756||$63|
|CX-9 Touring AWD||$156||$300||$220||$14||$66||$756||$63|
|CX-9 Grand Touring AWD||$174||$300||$220||$14||$66||$774||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates greatly.
Impact of speeding/accidents on car insurance rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders impact Mazda CX-9 insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Discount Madison car insurance quotes
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there may be some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Driver Education Discount - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Resident Student - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Madison and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Sign Online - Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount get Madison car insurance on the web.
- Senior Citizens - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying coverage for multiple cars on one policy qualifies for this discount.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Mazda CX-9 insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Wisconsin state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include good student, passive restraint, driver's education, good driver, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for youthful driver, distant student, bundle discounts, good student, early shopping, switch companies, and homeowner.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, air bags, anti-theft, membership and employees, federal employee, and multi-vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include air bags, safe driver, paid in full, multi-policy, and good student.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for anti-theft, bundle, air bag, defensive driver, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has savings for good student, driver training, 55 and retired, safe driver, youthful driver, and multi-policy.
- USAA offers discounts including vehicle storage, driver training, safe driver, family discount, and good student.
When getting free Madison car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state.
Exclusive or independent auto insurance agents
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information gets sent to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. You won't need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Madison should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How long has the business existed?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Madison for you
If you would like to find a reliable agent, there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can write insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Madison that can give you price quotes.
- Larry Sain - State Farm Insurance Agent
424 S Park St - Madison, WI 53715 - (608) 257-5132 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Vicki Wagener Agency LLC
1633 Thierer Rd - Madison, WI 53704 - (608) 249-2184 - View Map
- Dawn Goplin - State Farm Insurance Agent
515 Junction Rd #2400 - Madison, WI 53717 - (608) 662-9900 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparing insurance rates, it's a good idea to compare prices from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Madison willing to provide price quote information.
- Spectrum Insurance Group - Madison
525 Junction Rd #8505 - Madison, WI 53717 - (608) 204-7055 - View Map
- The Curtis Agency
2929 Atwood Ave - Madison, WI 53704 - (608) 250-2501 - View Map
- Prairie Land Insurance Agency
2045 Atwood Ave #113A - Madison, WI 53704 - (608) 251-3009 - View Map
If you receive good feedback to any questions you may have as well as cheaper CX-9 insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is reputable and can provide insurance coverage. Keep in mind you have the power to terminate coverage any time you want so never assume that you are permanently stuck with your new company for the entire policy term.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Mazda CX-9 insurance in Madison. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Mazda CX-9 rate quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
When shopping online for insurance, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Madison? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in Madison? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for College Graduates in Madison? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)