Searching for more affordable Ford Excursion insurance in Madison? Locating the cheapest insurance for a Ford Excursion in Wisconsin can turn out to be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks and make it easy. There is a better way to shop for auto insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Ford and obtain the lowest possible price from Madison insurance agents and online providers.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around yearly since prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best deal on Ford Excursion insurance in Madison six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There is too much inaccurate information about Excursion insurance on the internet, but we're going to give you the best ways to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Madison.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick most of the larger companies will pay a fee to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is give them rating details like whether you are single or married, if a SR-22 is needed, your occupation, and if you have a valid license. Your details is then sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes instantly.
To get price quotes for your Ford Excursion now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Madison, WI. To find cheap car insurance in Wisconsin, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Get affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance is expensive, but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If they aren't giving you every credit available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Madison Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Madison can get you a discount since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Madison car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking time to complete a defensive driver class could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Drivers who don't get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, good driver, good student, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- State Farm has savings for driver's education, student away at school, multiple policy, good student, and passive restraint.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for good student, homeowners, theft prevention, driver training, defensive driver, early bird, and 55 and older.
- Travelers may have discounts that include payment discounts, good student, IntelliDrive, new car, continuous insurance, and save driver.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, military active duty, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
If you are trying to find affordable Ford Excursion insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply in Madison.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some consumers would rather talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower prices and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Madison that give free quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Madison should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Madison?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Madison agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both write policy coverage, but it is important to understand how they differ because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Madison exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Michael Kittoe
334 Junction Rd - Madison, WI 53717 - (608) 827-9788 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - D Webster-Scher Agency Inc.
637 E Washington Ave - Madison, WI 53703 - (608) 249-3111 - View Map
- Dawn Goplin - State Farm Insurance Agent
515 Junction Rd #2400 - Madison, WI 53717 - (608) 662-9900 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company so they can write business with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won't have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with companies you've never heard of which may have better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Madison willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Neckerman Insurance Services
6200 Mineral Point Rd - Madison, WI 53705 - (608) 238-2686 - View Map
- Hausmann Johnson Insurance
700 Regent St - Madison, WI 53715 - (608) 257-3795 - View Map
- Stainbrook Agency
2810 Crossroads Dr #4000 - Madison, WI 53718 - (608) 535-9291 - View Map
Learn How to Quote Car Insurance More Affordably
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in cheaper rates. Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are not as apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Improve your credit score and save - Having a good credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit rating is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Ford Excursion if you improve your credit rating.
Cut premiums and deter theft - Owning a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Policy add-ons add up - There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren't diligent. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and term life insurance are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts - Most car insurance companies apply better rates to customers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it's always a smart idea to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Drive less and get lower premiums - The more you drive in a year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers price each vehicle's coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that are left in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your Excursion is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage.
Lower deductibles cost more - Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required in Wisconsin but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford Excursion, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Ford Excursion but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Ratings for Madison car insurance companies
Ending up with the top insurer is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Wisconsin. The company rank data shown below can help you decide which car insurance providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 92%
- Erie Insurance - 88%
- American Family - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Nationwide - 88%
- 21st Century - 88%
- AAA Insurance - 87%
- Liberty Mutual - 87%
- Farmers Insurance - 87%
- The Hartford - 87%
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
- The Hartford
Don't give up on cheap rates
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent and poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to compare Ford Excursion insurance prices in Madison. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Madison car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
How to find low-cost Ford Excursion insurance in Madison
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper Ford Excursion insurance in Madison is to compare quotes once a year from providers in Wisconsin.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how your policy works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if cheaper Excursion coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A key point to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Other learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in Madison? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Madison? (FAQ)
- How Much are Madison Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Madison Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Madison? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)