No sane person is fond of buying car insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
A recent study showed that most drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in Madison could save roughly 30% a year, but they don't invest the time required to shop their coverage around.
Steps to finding affordable Audi SQ5 insurance in Madison
To save the most money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in Madison. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides ideas to help reduce premium rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Find a Madison insurance agent
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Big companies like GEICO and Progressive continually hit you with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's a good idea to compare prices every six months because prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the lowest rate on Audi SQ5 insurance in Madison a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because it's time to teach you the easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Madison is not rocket science. Although Wisconsin vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how insurance companies calculate their prices and apply this information to your search.
How to compare Madison Audi SQ5 insurance quotes
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from many different Wisconsin insurance companies. The easiest way to find cheaper rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to drive around to and from local Madison insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you want the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. Some companies do allow you to get the lowest quotes online but still have the advice of a local agent.
Keep in mind that quoting more helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate.
The car insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Madison, WI. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in Wisconsin, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Affordable Audi SQ5 insurance in Madison
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be manually applied before being credited.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Madison car insurance quote.
- Good Students Pay Less - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you are able to get better car insurance rates.
- Government Employees - Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, driver's education, accident-free, and good driver.
- Esurance offers discounts for renters, emergency road assistance, online shopper, Switch & Save, Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, and good driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for teen driver discount, multi-car, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for multi-policy, company car, group or association, air bags, safe driver, and student away at school.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including membership and employees, air bags, federal employee, multi-policy, defensive driver, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Madison. To view car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Wisconsin, click this link.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure an Audi in Madison, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Audi SQ5 with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Audi for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $700 annually so it's recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Madison car insurance companies
Picking the right insurer can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Wisconsin. The company information in the next section can help you analyze which car insurance companies to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 92%
- Erie Insurance - 88%
- American Family - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Nationwide - 88%
- 21st Century - 88%
- AAA Insurance - 87%
- Liberty Mutual - 87%
- Farmers Insurance - 87%
- The Hartford - 87%
When choosing a policy, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Madison?
- Is my Audi SQ5 covered if I use it for business?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Many people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Madison that can give you free Madison car insurance quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Madison, get answers to these questions.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How are claims handled?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Madison
When looking for a good Madison insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents of this type write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Madison that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, it's a good idea to compare quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Madison willing to provide price quote information.
Once you have positive feedback to your questions as well as a price you're happy with, most likely you have located an insurance agency that can service your policy. But remember, once you purchase a policy you can terminate coverage whenever you wish so don't assume you are locked into a specific agent for a certain time period.