The recommended way to save on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Madison is to compare prices annually from providers in Wisconsin. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a low credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides tips to help prevent costly coverage and earn a bigger discount.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of this process is that you'll want to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It's easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop for lower prices are likely to switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding discount prices. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely shopped around saved an average of $850 each year compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Madison is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare coverage rates can make it easier to find better rates.
If you have insurance now or just want to reduce your rates, you can follow these tips to reduce premiums while maximizing coverage. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Madison can be much easier if you know how to start. Consumers only need to know the fastest way to quote multiple rates from multiple carriers.
Affordable companies for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Wisconsin
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Wisconsin. To get the best cheap auto insurance in WI, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and other information
The data table displayed next outlines estimates of coverage prices for Jeep Wrangler models. Knowing how insurance prices are figured can be useful when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$106||$150||$310||$18||$92||$676||$56|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$106||$150||$388||$22||$116||$782||$65|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$106||$190||$310||$18||$92||$716||$60|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$122||$150||$388||$22||$116||$798||$67|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$122||$190||$310||$18||$92||$732||$61|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$122||$150||$388||$22||$116||$798||$67|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$122||$150||$388||$22||$116||$798||$67|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$122||$190||$310||$18||$92||$732||$61|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$122||$190||$388||$22||$116||$838||$70|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$138||$190||$388||$22||$116||$854||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can alter premiums significantly.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can increase Jeep Wrangler premium costs for each age group. The data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cheap Jeep Wrangler insurance in Madison
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but a few need to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Madison and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- ABS Brakes - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Organization Discounts - Being a member of a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next auto insurance statement.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers that enable companies to spy on where and when they drive remotely such as Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you're out of luck.
The chart below compares Jeep Wrangler insurance costs with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Wisconsin state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, multiple policy, passive restraint, defensive driving training, driver's education, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-vehicle, driver training, daytime running lights, military active duty, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, early bird, homeowners, 55 and older, good student, and student driver.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, good student, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and driver training.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and education and occupation.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered everywhere. For a list of auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Madison, click this link.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that are used to determine insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better insurance rates. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but some are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Urban areas may pay more - Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when it comes to insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents.
Certain vocations raise rates - Occupational choices like military personnel, executives, and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates attributed to intense work situations and long work hours. On the flip side, careers like farmers, engineers and homemakers pay the least.
High deductibles equal low rates - The deductibles you choose tell how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
Are males or females drivers cheaper? - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn't prove that females are better drivers. Men and women cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Wrangler insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Additional coverages that may be costing you - There are quite a few additional extra coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if they're wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save - Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Jeep Wrangler has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
Insurance loss data for a Jeep Wrangler - Companies study historical loss data when setting premium rates. Vehicles that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Jeep Wrangler vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD||54||134||71||57||52||102|
|Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD||58||151||82||66||62||120|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Wisconsin?
- What is the ISO rating for a Jeep Wrangler?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Get rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Madison car insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Madison.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Madison that provide free Madison auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Madison
When finding a local Madison insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents from which to choose. Madison agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can provide car insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they are different since it may influence your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to do anything.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get several quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Madison who can help you get price quote information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive agents in Madison that are able to give price quote information.
American Family Insurance - Yolanda Grajales-Sutter
7878 Big Sky Dr Ste I - Madison, WI 53719 - (608) 826-4518 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
What is the best auto insurance company in Madison?
Finding a good quality auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Madison. The ranking information below could help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 92%
- Erie Insurance - 88%
- American Family - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Nationwide - 88%
- 21st Century - 88%
- AAA Insurance - 87%
- Liberty Mutual - 87%
- Farmers Insurance - 87%
- The Hartford - 87%
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
When getting Madison auto insurance quotes online, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce Jeep Wrangler insurance car insurance rates online in Madison. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Madison auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from an unexpected company.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Madison is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Madison insurance agents, so get free Madison auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don't offer rates over the internet and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Good Students in Madison? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Madison? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Madison? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Madison? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)