Really, the only way to find affordable Chevy TrailBlazer insurance is to compare quotes once a year from providers that insure vehicles in Madison. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
First, read about how your policy works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many things that cause high rates like traffic citations and poor credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides the details to help prevent high rates and find possible discounts that are available.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. Make sure you place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is that you use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. People who shop around for better prices are highly likely to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A study discovered that drivers who shopped around saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to those who never compared other company's rates.
If saving the most money on insurance is the reason you're here, learning the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can save time and make the process easier.
Obtaining price quotes for the lowest-priced protection in Madison is not that difficult. Basically, every person who is required by state law to have car insurance should be able to cut their insurance bill. Although Wisconsin vehicle owners benefit from understanding how insurance companies determine prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
There are several ways to get quotes from all the different companies. The easiest way to compare Chevy TrailBlazer insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies helps improve the odds of finding the best rates. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so it's important to compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Madison, WI. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Madison, WI, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but certain companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Madison car insurance quote.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Madison and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow data collection to analyze driving manner by using a telematic data system like Allstate's Drivewise might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Driver's Ed - Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver's education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Sign Online - A handful of larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to see a list of insurers with discount car insurance rates in Madison, click this link.
Insurance agents can help
A small number of people prefer to have an agent's advice and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local agents is important especially in Madison.
Once you complete this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Madison who will give you quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You'll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
The difference between Madison car insurance agents
When looking for a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. Agencies in Madison are either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything.
If you need lower rates, you will want to get quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Madison that can give you pricing information.
- Thomas Bradley Insurance
1001 Fourier Dr Suite 100 - Madison, WI 53717 - (608) 845-7979 - View Map
- Wisconsin Insurance Security Fund
2820 Walton Cmns W # 135 - Madison, WI 53718 - (608) 242-9473 - View Map
- Gehrke Insurance
1310 Mendota St # 108 - Madison, WI 53714 - (608) 241-4136 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive agents in Madison that can give you price quote information.
- American Family Insurance - Ed Flynn
514 Grand Canyon Dr - Madison, WI 53719 - (608) 833-1717 - View Map
- Melissa Eckstrom - State Farm Insurance Agent
1771 Thierer Rd - Madison, WI 53704 - (608) 663-5000 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Daniel Piazza
2601 Crossroads Dr Ste 100 - Madison, WI 53718 - (608) 241-9000 - View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is there a local claims center in Madison?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Wisconsin?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- When do they do a full risk review?
If you receive good feedback to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy. Just remember you have the power to terminate coverage at any point so don't think that you are permanently stuck with any particular company indefinitely.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- If my Chevy TrailBlazer is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Does my Chevy TrailBlazer need full coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Save Money with These Tips
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that aid in calculating insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your premiums.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount - The majority of insurers afford better rates to customers that buy multiple policies. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to compare other Madison TrailBlazer insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Policy add-ons can waste money - There are quite a few extra coverages that can add up if you don't pay attention. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
Location can affect price - Residing in less populated areas is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large Wisconsin cities tend to have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
What are your comp and collision deductibles? - Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your Chevy. Some examples of covered claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more money you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Claims cost money - If you file claims often, you shouldn't be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Wisconsin generally give better rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Three good reasons to insure your Chevy TrailBlazer
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy TrailBlazer insurance, paying for car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, almost every bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $825 a year so shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Best car insurance in Wisconsin
Picking a highly-rated company can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Madison. The company rank data in the next section can help you choose which car insurance providers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Madison Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
- The Hartford
Compare but don't skimp
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to find cheap Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Madison. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Madison car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a small local company.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. The cheapest Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Madison is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional auto insurance information can be read at these links:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Madison? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)