Remarkably, a study showed that the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in the United States could save about $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to take the time to shop around.
The best way to get affordable Acura RLX insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Madison. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price like inattentive driving and a lousy credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Buying affordable insurance in Madison is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Wisconsin consumers must comprehend how companies determine prices.
Companies offering cheap Acura RLX price quotes in Madison, WI
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Wisconsin. To locate cheap auto insurance in Wisconsin, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurers don’t always list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles are generally safer.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for 55 and retired, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- AAA has savings for good driver, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
- American Family offers premium reductions for bundled insurance, accident-free, good student, Steer into Savings, and air bags.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including emergency military deployment, military active duty, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
Before buying, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Wisconsin, click here to view.
Acura RLX Insurance Prices Can Be Cheaper
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that help determine your premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower insurance prices. Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The items below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine prices.
Mileage impacts costs – The more miles you rack up on your Acura in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. An incorrectly rated RLX is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating shows the right rating data, because it can save money.
Stay claim-free and save – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Wisconsin give the lowest premiums to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Obey driving laws and save – Only having one moving violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Cheaper rates by bundling – Some insurers allow a discount for people that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to compare other Madison RLX insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
Liability coverage limits are a factor – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage in the event that you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Gals tend to cost less – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Women and men are in fender benders in similar percentages, but males tend to have higher claims. They also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Location can affect price – Having an address in less populated areas can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims. City drivers have more road rage incidents and more severe claims. The longer drive time means higher likelihood of an accident.
Having a spouse reduces risk – Getting married can actually save you money on insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Acura RLX insurance loss probability – Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses when setting rates for each model. Models that tend to have increased losses will have higher rates. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Acura Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
A small number of people would rather talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Madison who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How are they compensated?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- When do they do a full risk review?
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Listed below are Madison exclusive agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Susan Kempfer-Weeks
712 S Gammon Rd – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 274-4147 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Jesus Carvajal
5555 Odana Rd #201 – Madison, WI 53719 – (608) 278-7055 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: George McDevitt
4706 Cottage Grove Rd Ste 300 – Madison, WI 53716 – (608) 222-2411 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Madison willing to provide comparison quotes.
- R and S Insurance
1520 Vernon St – Madison, WI 53703 – (608) 251-0022 – View Map
- Thomas Bradley Insurance
1001 Fourier Dr Suite 100 – Madison, WI 53717 – (608) 845-7979 – View Map
- Affiliated Insurance-Wisconsin
3830 Atwood Ave – Madison, WI 53714 – (608) 273-3361 – View Map
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Cheaper auto insurance in Madison can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer rates over the internet and these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to lower your Acura RLX insurance premium rates in Madison. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Madison? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Madison? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)